Wednesday 12 October 2011

Flintshire 10 Km Sunday 9th October

This year the race was organised by Nightingale House instead of Flintshire County Council. I was really pleased to see that it has got even better, with even more runners taking part. The change has gone a long way to put behind them the perverse way the event was staged in the early days and how money was spent on it. I hope that the races raised plenty of money for this most worthwhile charity and that they want to do it again next year.



The arrangements for the race were similar to previous years and the course was the same. The weather was a bit of challenge; the head-wind going up the hill out of Mold on the second lap was “interesting”. But it was the same for everybody and made for a good race although I think it slowed most people down a bit.



Buckley had a superb turn-out. I made it 9 men and 8 ladies. Results as follows


5th Jez with 1st MV35


12th Erika with 1st Lady


18th Jon


22nd Mike with 3rd MV40


24th Les with 1st MV55


25th Jeff with 1st MV45


37th Steve with 2nd MV55


58th Mike with 3rd U17


115th Margaret with 3rd LV45


164th Rob with 2nd MV60


201st Sue with 3rd LV50


317th Fiona


324th Phil


365th Ann


Both the men and the ladies got 2nd team prize.


I know Ell and Alison were running too but I don’t have their positions (sorry). I think they both finished just under the hour. Anyone got their result?



Congratulations to everybody who ran and thanks for the support from many others.



Posted by Rob

3 comments:

  1. Ell was 276th in 58 mins. Allison was 227th in 56 mins. Well done both of you.
    Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nightingale House Hospice are looking to continue with the Flintshire 10k. I chatted with them on the Mo day after the race when I took in some sponsor money from 2 marathons in 14 days 4:37 Berlin , 4:38 Chester
    Rob Davies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also they'd welcome comments/feedback from club runners on how to improve it further Rob Davies.

    Well done to all Buckley Runners in Flintshire 10 k Hospice organiser I met said there were a few, yes indeed. And 2 of us in Chester marathon.

    ReplyDelete