Friday 13 August 2010

Ponderosa hill race

The usual competitive and tight race, as can be seen from the times below. You don't get much time to relax on this one! It's a deceptively tough race, as you can't do much holding back on the initial climb up Cyrn y Brain because the subsequent descent is so narrow, fast (and boggy!). Well done everybody - let me know if I missed anyone.
5. Jez - 27.29
12. Simon R - 28.42
31. Dave - 32.15
37. Huw - 32.54
38. Chris W - 32.55
47. Peter - 34.18 (1st M65)
104. Rob - 41.48

3 comments:

  1. Well done everyone, full results are available on www.wrexhamroadrunners.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first time on this event. Really enjoyed it, but it left a funny taste in my mouth. That is where I fell over and got a mouthful of mud!

    But it is a tough little race, felt a lot more than four miles. I thought fell races were supposed to finish down hill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Stinton ran as well (but undercover as a Clwydian RR) - came in 22nd in 31:24 (successfully managing to get past the Tattenhall runner who caused the human log jam, just before going onto the narrow track)

    Dave

    ReplyDelete