Held on Thursday 27th January 2011 at Hawkesbury Centre, Buckley
Thank you to everyone who attended and to those who could not but pledged to carry on with the excellent work they do. The meeting was extremely useful, a range of topics were discussed, many issues addressed and solutions found. Many of these are specifically aimed at recruiting and retaining new members.
* Subs for the club for 2011-12 will be £10 (£5 for concessions). This is a reduction from £15 we set last year. AAW subs have risen from £5 to £15. Nobody is happy with that one but we can't do anything about it. It was felt that reducing our subs for at least one year will soften the blow.
* We will start regular pub nights. The plan is to meet in The Running Hare on the first Tuesday of each month at about 8.30 starting on 1st March. Carvery is available until 9.00, meals are available until 10.00 and we don't have to book.
* We will fix Sunday Morning runs so that more people can access them (8.30 at the middle car park on Moel Famau, distance and pace dependant who is there)
* In the spring we will start Friday afternoon runs (probably 4 pm - meeting place to be decided). Distance likely to be about 4 miles, to encourage new runners
* New strategy for dealing with enquiries. Instead of expecting them to come to the club, we find somebody to offer to join them on one of their training runs.
* We will try to get a poster put up in the reception area at Buckley Sports Centre.
* We will investigate getting business cards printed so we can all hand them out to prospective new members
* Presentation night will be on Tuesday 7th June in the Running Hare at Ewloe.
* If anyone is unsure how to get onto the blog and contribute to Buckleyrunners.blogspot.com please contact Rob - he will send you instructions by email.
There are a few changes to the roles and responsibilities within the club: Rob (Chair), Jane (Secretary), Sue (Treasurer), Les (Coach), Dawn (Kit and Press), Jane and Rob (cross-country) and John (Club Championship) remain unchanged.
Jez Brown will continue to be the Welfare officer. We are really grateful to him for this; we must have an experienced person in this role.
Paul Stinton is continuing as Membership Secretary but has warned that pressure of work, study and family mean that we must find somebody to take over this role in 2012.
Fenn is unable to continue as Border League organiser. Eric Campbell has volunteered to take in the role. Thank you Eric and thank you Fenn for your good work.
Many thanks to everybody who has contributed in so many ways.
Posted by Rob Mackey (Chairman)